I used to hear this common question: "How's work?" Now the question is, "How are you feeling?" Good news! I feel great! I never realized how TIRED I would be though, but it makes sense. I get tired walking up 2 flights of stairs so I can understand why I get tired growing a new little brain and other essential organs. (That's WAY harder than walking up stairs.) I'm over the morning sickness, which hasn't been too bad, but some days it was hard to stop pushing snooze and get up for work. I never called in sick though. When I did tell my boss I was having a little baby, she told me that she was just waiting for the announcement. She thought I was pregnant one day when she came in and said that I looked MISERABLE. (Everyone loves hearing they look MISERABLE, and I thought I was doing such a good job at keeping it on the DL until we were ready to tell people, guess not.) Needless to say my miserable days are in the past, I hope.
I didn't want to spread the word until we were far enough along and had told our parents. I learned quickly to not tell people I was feeling sick, because that's an instant lightbulb for YOUR PREGNANT! I found this out when my grandma called and wanted to know if we could come to Layton for dinner while she was in town. It was one of those not so great days (I'm loosing the MISERABLE word because it hasn't been) and I just wanted to lay in bed. I told her I wasn't feeling well and that maybe we could come over tomorrow before she left. Instantly she said "WHAT! You're not feeling well? Well Kimi that could mean you're pregnant! You better go to the doctor and see." I reassured her that it was "just a little flu" or something and that I would probably be better tomorrow. Two days later I get another call from my grandma (me lying in bed again) and she's just "checking up on me"- code for am I going to be a great grandma? I tried to sound chirpy and reassured her that I was feeling much better today. Ha I fooled her!
Reading and keeping up on weekly updates about my growing baby occurs almost every day after work. They say you should start feeling movement between weeks 16 and 20. I'm now 17 weeks! I had also read that most first time moms can't tell a difference between a gas bubble and movement. This weekend I was laying on the couch watching "The Sing Off" (featuring BYU's Vocal Point) and I felt something! It felt like a little tornado was in my stomach--nothing like a kick or jab and no gas bubble--but a little tornado moving around. That's my baby! The baby must either really like or really hate a cappella. I haven't felt it since but I'm hopeful tonight because "The Sing Off" comes on again. We'll see if my baby is destined to be a member of vocal point someday. (Or a hater of vocal point, lets hope it's the prior. If not, I'll teach it to love.)
5 comments:
Haha I used to do that all the time too... check the weekly updates on what was happening with my baby. So exciting :)
Yea for the tornado! That's my niece or nephew squirming down there. Actually, it's practically my first grandchild since I was Ben's second mother growing up. I vote for Bingo to dislike acapella because that's my preference, though I make exceptions for Vocal Point. Their Jive and Wail rendition was totally awesome!
so fun fun fun. this baby tornado is going to be so cute!
Aww! This is so exciting! Those first movements are so fun and you will soon start feeling him or her all the time! I bet the baby likes the music! Although, I'm not sure he can hear yet. You should be getting your energy back in the next month or so too! So fun!!!
YOU LOOK SO CUTE!
Post a Comment