Friday, October 21, 2011

Pink or Blue? Part 2

Today we got the ultra sound! I was confused during most of it and couldn’t tell what anything was until the tech pointed it out. But even then I still had a hard time. But we did get some cute pictures.

Raise the ROOF!

Now for the revealing of the gender….. Everyone knows I LOVE food, so we incorporated food in the excitement of finding out. We wanted to get a cake that had blue or pink filling, depending on our baby's gender. We ordered a cake from a bakery and explained to them our plan, and told them that the dr. office would be calling them later to tell them to fill the cake blue or pink. At the ultrasound, we told the technician to keep the gender a secret to us. When she was done, we had her call the bakery if it was a boy or girl. We left the clinic in the dark, filled with excitement to cut the cake later that night and learn our baby's gender!!! I figured I'd waited 20 weeks, so what's a few more hours?

Tonight for dessert we found out! Take a look!

Best cake EVER!!!

9 comments:

Becki said...

ahhhhhhh!!!!!! So exciting, congrats!

Jackie Abeyta said...

Yay, I guessed right!! Congrats!!! And I love the cake idea...what a fun way to find out!

wrens said...

Yes!! Boys are so fun! Congrats to both of you!!

liz said...

Yay! This is so exciting! What are you thinking you'll name him?

Hodges Family said...

Congrats! Boys are so much fun!! And I LOVE the cake!!

Suzanne said...

YAY for a BOY! Congrats you guys! Kimi, you will be the cutest mom!

Bianca said...

SO CUTE!! Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Molly and David said...

you two are so fun! Congrats! Now I want to see a picture of your cute pregnant self!

Allison and Boyd said...

So, we are such bad friends and didn't know you were, first of all having a baby, and second of all had a blog. Congrats! That is so exciting!!!