Today we headed over to the Timpanogos Caves. This is something that Ben and I have talked about doing for a while and lucky us, a couple in our ward invited us to join them :) The weather couldn't have been better and the trail was paved (my kind of hike!).
After our beautiful hike, we waited for our cave tour.
Only three cave rules
1. Don't touch the cave (This was the hardest rule to follow. I was temped every 2 seconds to touch the shining cave walls.)
2. Wear your backpacks in the front (check)
3. No eating in the cave (Because everyone plans a cave picnic)
Pop quiz: What's the difference between a stalamite and a stalactite?
All of the stalagmite (rises from the floor) and stalactites (grows from the cave ceilings) were temping me to just feel them, but I followed the rules and didn't kill the living cave with my human oils. Ask Ben if he followed the rules.
Here we are smiling calmly during the mini earthquake.
Just kidding there wasn't an earthquake and we made it out alive! This was our 4th hike together and I think we're becoming pretty good biannual hikers.
2 comments:
Ben did you follow the rules?
Way to go, guys! At this rate, you'll cover one hundred hikes just in time for your 50th anniversary.
Post a Comment