I planted this little guy back in June and sat back to watch it grow outside of my kitchen window. I haven't done a thing to it since (thank you automatic sprinklers). Actually this is a lie, there was a big weed that started growing next to it and Ben had to take it out. But look at it now! It's everywhere. My watermelon is OUT OF CONTROL!!!
Because of the crazy growth, Ben and I went to look at the situation and were going to pull the plant if no melons had started to grow yet. What we found was 6, not 2 but 6 little watermelons! As I was lifting up a vine off the top of a bush one of our melons fell off, so I'll eat it tomorrow!
I'm going to continue to sit back and watch those watermelons grow so I can eat them. Maybe set up a fruit stand and sell "organic" watermelons. My Dad is going to be so proud!
3 comments:
WHAT?! That is awesome Kimi, you should totally open up an organic fruit stand...I can see it now, Kimi's Fruit Stand. Has a nice ring to it. ;)
Mmmm! I love watermelon! Good job!
Too bad you have to pay money to certify that the watermelons are actually "organic" before you can sell them as such. I saw your blog URL posted on facebook for the Monticello reunion.
Looks like you two have been all over the world. Cool stuff.
Post a Comment