Sunday, May 2, 2010

Official BYU Grad and a Blast to the Past



This past week has been jam packed full of exciting things. I graduated last Friday but it was a 2 day celebrated event. My parents and grandma came from Idaho and Amanda Gene did for Thursday. It was a bittersweet time. I was very excited to be done with tests, homework, and projects but sad to leave my job and classmates I'd grown to know over the past 2 years. I have a lot of memories at BYU. I could go on for hours about things I've done but here's the Top 10.

Top 10 BYU Favorites

10. An amazing job at WSR where I was the nutrition counselor and actually used what I was learning in the classroom and put it into practice. My boss was great and I loved all the people I worked with.

9. Taking bowling twice. Yep I took bowling twice, just for fun, because I LOVE to bowl. I didn't learn much either time. I can bowl a mean 128 though. And both times
I was in bowling I was in class with BYU Athletes. 1st time was Max Hall and the 2nd time was good old Jimmer. Bowling is the magic class to find the athletes.

8. Food Fight! Food, people, open field and my goggles!

7. Pieing someone and missing their face twice.

6. Fizzy Yogurt. Mmmmmm I discovered this my freshmen year. There would be a sign outside of the Eyring Science Center whenever they would serve this and I was on the watch for it ALWAYS. After my freshmen year they didn't serve the yogurt anymore, until one day in my food science lab, my TA had made a batch of the fizzy yogurt and she shared with us. One of the professors at BYU invented the delicious yogurt and I have found it again at the Farmer's Market in Provo. I can't wait for it to start up again.

5. Discovering J-Dawgs! No hot dog will ever compare! Junior year winter semester, every Friday I would go with my friend Janet to experience the bliss of the secret sauce! Mmmmm! We had to cut back once we started getting fat and spending too much. I am still trying to invent my own version of the sauce. I'll let you know when K-Dawgs opens. (Coming to the Eastern-Idaho-State Fair near you.)

4. BYU Hawaii!! If they would have had my major I probably would have stayed. I love Hawaii, the beaches, shaved ice, spam and eggs, not the humidity, Jack Johnson, ponytails and no makeup, and especially the sun!
3. My study abroad to Asia.

Climbing the great wall in my Mario and Lugi shirt,
crawling through the tunnels in Vietnam,

Karaokee in Vietnam, very different than the karaokee in the US.

Touching a Monk eating new foods

Discovering that babies in China don't wear diapers

Sushi and sumos in Japan, and meeting amazing new friends.

2. Roommates. I have had 14 roommates during my college career. Each one has taught me something, and oh we've had some good times.

1. Finding my Ben and spending my last year in college with the best roommate and most enjoyable living arrangements. No dishes piled up in the sink for weeks, room in the freezer, and clean apartment when ever I want it to be.

NOTE: 6 of the 10 top memories involves food. This is why I love my major, it's perfect for me.

As I have been graduated for 9 days now, I'm lovin it. I can't complain though because we just got back from the Big Apple yesterday so the no school life hasn't set in yet. And I still have my internship to complete so it feels like it's still not the end. But I don't know if I'll ever feel like there's an end, I'm not expecting it. Life is busy and I love it! Here's how I celebrated (I think I scared the old people)

4 comments:

Jackie Abeyta said...

Congrats on graduating!!!! Yay!!! It's such a nice feeling to have no more homework and tests!! Way to push through til the end!

hanner said...

wahoo! i'd like to take credit for number 10 :) ok, kristi too. but it helped that you were my visiting teacher and that i passed you on the way to work!

Becki said...

okay, so it's not realllllly quite the end for me yet. But I Adam and I had an official, college life is over moment the other day and it was really sad and depressing and happy and awesome. so, i think it's safe you'll have your moment.

30 year-old Dad said...

hmmm...i don't think you're officially supposed to "touch" the monk. unless he's the someone in #7, and then it's probably a good thing you missed.