Thursday, May 13, 2010

Where you goin?

Today my youngest brother Ross got his mission call to.................

..........Sao Paulo Brazil

Mmmm all I can think of is Tucanos.

Ben and I were video chatting with Ross when he opened the call, it was like I was there. He first
opened the call and started reading the "congratulations you're a missionary paper" instead of the
official "call letter." After reading half of the letter he realized it wasn't the call. Meanwhile my mom
is in the background saying "Hurry up, hurry up" and I like to make funny faces at the camera. He
finally found the right paper and I waited in anticipation until I heard the call, then everyone cheered. It was great.

I guessed he would go to Japan and Ben thought Florida. Whelp we were both wrong.
Brazil, he will love it there and Ben's older brother Michael served there too, oh brotherly love in Sao Paulo.

Ross doesn't leave until September 29th. This is a good thing because just last week my brother,
Chet, who is on a mission in Korea, he told us he might be extending his mission for another 6 weeks.
Chet......

or Chet?

My mom has been worried since then that Chet and Ross would miss each other and would have to wait
4 years to get the whole family together, but she doesn't have to wait 4 long years, only 3 months.

I know Ross will be a great missionary. He has already started preparing for his mission by purchasing
missionary attire. When we went home for mother's day he showed us sun glasses he got for his mission.
Yep these orange ran-bans.

Good thing he's going somewhere sunny!

Since I'm on the subject of missionaries, our family talked to Chet on Mother's Day and I decided to
ask some not so common questions that I think most people wonder about him and Korea:

How many black people live in Korea?
---He said he taught one black person but didn't see very many

He asked if any of us wanted anything?
----I told him candy

He said he wants to arm wrestle Dad, Ross, and Ben when he gets home. I can't wait for Chet
and Ben to bond arm wrestling! Before Chet left I asked him if he had any requirements for boys
if I were to get married while he was gone. I was expecting things like, make sure he's nice, and
treats you like a princess. But nope, his response was "Just make sure he isn't stronger than me."

Hahaha. Ben says well Chet's going to be disappointed.

So missions missions missions, it's all the rage in my family right now. Bacon wrapped pork and grilled pineapple. Ross is going to like Brazil.

P.S. You should watch survivor. I'm addicted and I want Russell off!

3 comments:

Mary Kalree said...

Man, Chet has really grown his hair long on his mission. I'm surprised that he can hang out at the beach with no companion!
Congrats to Ross. Brazil is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheSycamores said...

Ross, congratulations! You are going to love love love Brazil. The people there are so friendly and just good people. It is beautiful as well.

Ben's Mom Karen

Suzanne said...

That's awesome!!! I was so excited to hear that. My two little bro's were called to Brazil. Scott just got home from Porto Alegre and Jesse is in Brazillia. How fun for your bro, tell him congrats!