5:15 pm. Here's how I found out about my internship, with Ben screen sharing with me so we saw it at the same time.
YAHOOOOOO!!!!! Yep it was that personal! We were really excited and I can't wait to take this next step to become a Registered Dietitian! I have to call Utah State tomorrow to find out when I start and what facilities I will be working with. We don't have to move to Logan, they try and place me locally. My guess is I'll be in Ogden all of June-August at McKaydee hospital and then in a Salt Lake school district for my food service management rotation and then hopefully in Provo/Orem for my community rotation (which is the shortest). More unknowns but not for long.Other fun things this weekend!! We rolled sushi again, to continue our conference tradition.






Of course we had to have dessert. We thought that a dessert roll sounded good so I gave it a shot. I sweetened the rice with milk and brown sugar. The inside, well, I'll see if you can guess???? PS It was actually pretty good once I unwrapped the seaweed.



Ben was in charge of the tempura. Good Man (I hate cooking with hot oil).
Ben's Sushi roll (very, very Americanized sushi). Try and guess what Ben's consisted of??????
I'll tell you----tempura potato, shrimp, and carrots with ketchup (white boy roll). Yes that is right ketchup. Last year he dipped it in ketchup so this time we just added it straight into the roll.

Don't tell my grandma what he did. Ketchup!
Ross' roll was created with shrimp, potato, celery, and jalapeno. Notice his skin. He just got back from Mexico and seriously he is b-l-a-c-k. (the Mexi roll)
I had a tempura shrimp, potato, spinach, and carrot roll (future dietitian roll).
mmmmmm it was delicious.
We also colored eggs.
Ross is working on his camera skills. He wanted to add little artsy things here and there to his photography portfolio. This will be first in his portfolio! Following these....
Hope you had a good weekend and that you don't end up looking like our Easter eggs.
4 comments:
Hooray for your internship! How exciting! You guys have too much fun together, I love it!
Where's the poll to vote on the Easter eggs? Kimi's gets my vote.
congrats on your internship.
i like your conference tradition of rolling sushi. i may have to do that next time and ask lincoln to do the tempura shrimp as well. if i come up with a dessert roll as good as yours (at least from the picture), i shall let you know!
come visit us in vegas when you can :)
Post a Comment