I need more space (not like my bubble space but actual storage)!! Getting ready for the baby has challenged our space capacity and my ability to just let it go! We don't have a storage closet (0, zero, none) but we have tried to make do until, who knows when?
Solution #1, bins. Lots of bins, stacked really high! Not my favorite solution in the world but I'll live with this temporarily. Yes Ben, temporarily :)
Solution #2, trash it. Ben is really good at throwing things away. I'm one of those, "But what if we need it some day?" people. My rule of thumb was if I hadn't used it within the year, toss it. I think I did a good job. I have thrown out more than I ever have in the past 5 years.
Solution #3 Get a HUGE comfy, soft, reclining, rocking chair for your birthday to take up all the space you just cleared!
I think we're going to become really tight!
My belly storage is reaching it's capacity as well! Just when I think it can't get any bigger, it does! 2 weeks to go!!
Anyone have any storage secrets?
8 comments:
That's exactly what we are doing. We have a billion different things so we put them in plastic storage bins and stacked them all over the place (closets, hallways). The only "tip" that I can think of is to buy a house. Good luck! I can't wait to see your baby!
I feel ya on the storage thing. Currently all of our stuff is in a storage unit and we're living out of suitcases until we know where we're headed next.
You look so great for only having 2 weeks left! Can't wait to see the babe!
Woo-hoo!! Only two more weeks! It is amazing how much your body can stretch and even more amazing how it all goes back after the baby. You look great and I'm so happy for you!
My storage secret is that we scan everything. Anything that you don't need an official hardcopy for (birth certificate) scan and organize electronically. This is what we did with all our school memorabilia and a lot of our paperwork. We cut down on quite a few boxes.
Wow you are getting so close!!! I am so excited for you!!
I am horrible with space/throwing things away, so I should probably learn from you and get rid of things I haven't used in the past year!
First of all you look amazing! Second of all, we hide stuff, I mean store stuff, behind our couch (like water storage). The other thing we have is a table with a table cloth over it. We have a 25 lb bag of flour, 20 lb bag of rice, jars of apple sauce, a gigantic waffle maker, and other things that don't fit in our kitchen hidden under the table. But it totally looks like a normal table. Living in a 1 bedroom apartment is a killer!
my husband's the same way about throwing things away! he's slowly training me, though, but i think he's a little extreme. like, he thinks i'm a hoarder because i hung onto my byu cap and gown!
we have the bins too but we also use space bags to cut down on the amount of bins we actually need. they work! good luck and congrats in advance!
You should do what all the other Sycaomre's do, store it at Mom and Dad's! Of course, it's not a very convenient location for those who live in Utah AND there is the issue of those pesky rats, but other than that the attic is a fine jumble of chaos to which you can add to. :)
Post a Comment