Sunday, January 8, 2012

Grandma Sycamore..

..is the Sycamore's choice of bread, but it isn't sold in California. So, when we go, we MUST bring bread!!! Ben's uncle started Grandma Sycamore's bread and I guess since then the Sycamore's can't get enough of it!

The first time Ben told me we had to get some bread to take with us I was thinking, 2 or 3 loaves. I soon learned that 2 loaves is devoured quicker than it takes to assemble a wiggle car*. So we stock up.

Thanksgiving 2010: 1st bread run =19 loaves
Christmas 2011: 2nd bread run=25 loaves
The people in the stores, must think I'm big into food storage or have 38 hungry ducks to feed. Either way I don't mind. Our whole back seat was full of wiggle cars* and bread! The California fruit police didn't even question our delivery and let us right on through.
Maybe we should think about making this delivery service into a business? It's a hit with our family!


*Wiggle car: they're a hit with kids and only take 10 minutes to assemble

1 comment:

Allison and Boyd said...

HAHA! I love that bread so much and they don't sell it in Ohio. I ate as much of that bread as I could over Christmas break.