Monday, August 16, 2010

Friday the 13th, Welcomes HOME....


.....Elder Matsuura

Ben and I were able to leave work/internship early to be at the Idaho Falls airport. The drive from Ogden makes the trip to Idaho seem short.


As we were driving to the airport we saw a plane in the sky and knew it was Chet's plane. My mom was telling my dad to drive faster. No worries though Friday the 13th didn't get us down. We rolled out the big banner and had 5 minutes to spare before Chet walked down the stairs. I was expecting a kimchi smelling brother, but he smelt normal. I thought he'd be a little awkward but he wasn't. He did manage to bring frozen kimchi in his bags though.

And the moment I have been waiting for.....

They meet!! I think it went well.
(Ben's smiling, I don't know what Chet's face looks like, I need to get the picture from the other side to find out)

As I watched Chet and talked with him he laughed and joked around with people as he always did. Ben's mom asked me if Chet left a boy and came back a man? Yes, Chet you are now a MAN! Ha but he's still working on his beard.


Welcome Chettar Cheese. We're happy you're home, especially mom. She's been keeping track of the days faithfully on her missionary chart. She has the days color coated by zones and even added extra circles for when he extended. My phone alerted me to e-mail Chet, but I'll just have to change the name to Ross since he leaves in about a month. 감사합니다 Kamsahamnida

3 comments:

Bianca said...

O my goodness! chet is home! crazy!! im so happy that he will be back in provo! tell him hellO! ps i miss yoU! lets play soon with jordan! o and pps my boy loves to play games! and we are extra competitive! wink wink!

Matt and Suzanne said...

Home already?!?!? WOW. Time really does fly. What a cute family you have! He looks so good...hmmm....too bad I don't have a younger sister. I would be scheming for sure!:) Love you!

Hodges Family said...

Kimi Jo! I found your blog! I can't believe that Chet is home! I forget that as we get older, so does everyone else. And Ross leaves next month? Crazy!!

I have a blog too, if you want to check it out... foreverhodges.blogspot.com.