When Porter woke up from his nap the house was decorated with balls and you could tell he knew something was going on today. As we passed all of the balloons he kept pointing at them saying "ball, ball, ball" He was center of attention and loved it.
His big cake was almost a disaster. In my head I imaged a 2 layered cake with a nice sphere shaped ball on top (making it 3 layers). As I was frosting the two bottom layers the top cake kept sliding all over. I finally picked up the top ball piece and pulled off one of the layers. It turned out ok though.
We served Popcorn balls
Rice balls (he's 1/4 Japanese, only fitting)
Grapes (those are ball shaped)
Football shaped cheese ball and crackers
Basketball oreo pops
Basketball Cake
Gumballs
Sourballs
Cuties (Porter calls all ball shaped fruit balls)
Porter loves food. He makes mmmm noises after he takes a bite of something he likes. Because he likes food so much, Ben and I imagined Porter digging into his cake and getting it all over his face. He was a little more cautious. He would get some frosting on his fingers and try to flick it off. Then we would go back to picking at his cake. It was fun to watch him. He loved being center of attention and knew something was going on today.
I think Jen's kids had fun too, because Porter wasn't really into opening all of his presents (he was spoiled) so they got to open all of Porter's presents for him. They were opening them so fast and wrapping paper was flying all over. It was fun.
These are from his actual birthday which was a few days after the party. He looks so scared of the candle. He is one happy boy!
Thanks everyone for all of the birthday wishes and celebrating with us. It made Porter's birthday that much more special. Everyone always had told me that they grow up too fast, and know I understand and can agree. I can't believe our little boy is already one!
1 comment:
Your theme was SO cute!! Loved it! Can't believe he is already 1! I still need to meet him!
Post a Comment