Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter

We had a great Easter. It was that much more fun to celebrate with Porter. Even though Porter is only one, I kept tell Ben that Porter was going be really good at Eater egg hunts. Ben tells me I'm such a proud mom, but he really was skilled for his age :)

We went to the Provo Beach resort on Saturday and they had activities and kids all over.  Here are pictures of Porter at the petting zoo. Porter meet a little bunny and an Easter skunk. He is so brave.
 

 This is the tortoise and the hare. I am grossed out every time I see this picture. The grey blob is a rabbit! Ewww. I don't know what happen to it, or why it got so obese. It makes me shiver. Porter didn't touch that rabbit.

 They had an Easter egg drop. People stood on top of the building and threw down huge Easter egg pinatas that broke open and the kids ran for the candy that spilled out. There was a big crowd of people and to reach the kids in the back they started throwing candy from the building. People were getting hit left and right from the falling candy. It was pretty funny. They got Porter in the head with a sucker but he recovered quickly once he was eating it. Porter also got some starbursts, you can see him holding them. He held tight to the starbursts the whole time we walked around.

 I tried giving Porter to the Easter bunny, but he started to cry. He was trying to get away from him,even when I was holding him.

Sunday night we had dinner at our house. Chet, David, Lindsey, and the Almond's came over for a turkey dinner. We had more of a Thanksgiving feast. It was yummy!! Then we did an egg hunt for the kids. Porter really was good at it. We just need to work on gathering first then opening.

Then we had an adult egg hunt. I was the most excited about this. Jen hid the eggs in the front yard, while Ben hid eggs in the back. Ben really hid his eggs and went as far as burying one in the dirt. Once the hunt was on, Chet and Travis really got into it. Travis won with 22 eggs. Chet was close with 21. I had 17. David and Jen had around 12. Lindsey had 7. The eggs were filled with random things. Some good, some not so good. Of course there was candy, but I also had numbers to turn in for a prize, black beans, tea candles. rocks, bark, and ribbon. It was fun to see everyone open their eggs and see the reactions.

I also taught our primary class on Sunday and showed them this video.  It helps us remember what Easter is all about. Check it out, it does a great job at depiction the Savior's life and my primary class really got into it. When it first started they kept asking me if it this was real, but one little girl set them straight and told them that in Jesus' time they didn't have video cameras. It's just actors. I love little kids.

Hope you had a nice Easter weekend.  

2 comments:

30 year-old Dad said...

Wow, I love the idea of the grownup Easter egg hunt. Especially the random fillings.

How does a petting zoo have a skunk? Has s/he been de-sprayer-ed?

As for babies gathering eggs, Kim was telling me her sob story that Abbey only got 4 eggs at a Saturday hunt. I was unsympathetic and pointed out that she's only 3. That's more than 1 egg/year-of-age, which is better than anyone at your egg hunt did. (Unless Lindsey is only 6).

Kimi said...

I know the skunk was weird. It had been spraydered, ha ha came up with that myself. I think it was just in my head, but I could have sworn I smelt a hint of skunk as we walked by it. Growing up in Idaho I smelled A LOT of skunk.