Originally Ben and I had a rafting trip planned in Moab, but last minute it got canceled. So our plans for the 4th were toast. We quickly made new plans to go to visit Ben's family in California. We stopped in St. George to go to Tuachan and watched The Little Mermaid. The Little Mermaid was my favorite show when I was little, this seeing this show was very apporopraite. I had this little mermaid doll where her fins would change colors in the bathtub depending on the heat of the water, and of course she sang! (ahahhhhhaahhhhaa!) In the show Ariel's fins didn't change colors, but they did have some interesting effects like, they flooded the stage with water! The mermaid costumes were a little funny/creative. I'll paint a picture for you, the mermaids wore black pants (to make their legs look invisible, but they weren't), heelys (to add the effect of swimming) and then tails that came out from behind them. I tried to get a picture but it didn't turn out.
After night in St. George we drove the rest of the way, with a stop at Tommy's original burger! Another childhood memory. Tommy's is my dad's FAVORITE BURGER PLACE EVER IN THE UNIVERSE! On our few trips that our family made to California, we would stop at the first Tommy's in Barstow. I think since my dad loved them so much us kids just loved them too. Ben prefers In-N-Out but this time we made a Tommy's stop because In-N-Out isn't a rare commodity in Utah anymore. The signature to Tommy's is the chili! You can expect to come away with a chili stain on the front of your shirt, it's messy but mm, mm, mm it's worth every bite!
After our lunch break it's back on the road and a few more hours until our SURPRISE trip. Ben's parents had no idea we were coming. All of his siblings knew and they get things prepped for us to come. When we go to his house Ben came up behind his mom and when she turned around, she was SSOOOOO SUPRISED!! A few seconds later his dad came in and was just was SURPRISED and excited for us to be there.
We had a fun time playing with nieces and nephews, going to the park, beach, and just hanging around the house! We celebrated the 4th of July and Michael's (Ben's brother) birthday while we were their too. I made the rice crispy pops and they were a great treat of the kids and adults!! I was so proud of such a simple little idea I saw in a magazine, and I have the pictures to prove it!
I'm experimenting with Picasa instead of individual pics. Here they are!
No comments:
Post a Comment