Sunday, May 1, 2011

FTE=40 hours/week (Full-Time Employee)

I got a job!!! This whole weekend I've been excited because I found out that I got a job with the Salt Lake City School district. I worked with them during my internship and never thought that I would have the opportunity to work with their district again. I was contacted about the job opening while I was in Hawaii. Right when I got home I applied for the job, then I passed the RD exam, and then had a job interview a week later!

My first interview was this past Monday. After interviews on Monday, they were going to narrow it down to the top two candidates for another interview. I got a call back for another interview, on Thursday, where I had to do a 5-7 minute presentation and more questions. I went through that with a smile and they called me back later that day to offer me the position! I was so excited!!! I must not have done too much damage during my internship, because their bringing me BACK!

I start tomorrow and can't wait to work with the district and on top of it, this time I get paid! And FREE school lunch every day!!! And I get my own desk with my name on it! (I can't wait for Ben to make me something that I can take to hang up!) And business cards! And working with amazing people who I am ready to learn and grow with! And little kids! I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up, mostly because my mom is a teacher, little kids are funny and I like kids. But I changed my mind during college. I found the best major for me where I could teach and educate on nutrition and study food! Now I get to do just that, and even get to fulfill my childhood dream of being around little kids. I can't wait to be starting my professional career in an area that I know I already love. Timing of everything has truly been a blessing and I'm so very grateful.

Do you think this means I'm a grown up now?

(I know this picture isn't related but it sums up how I feel)

7 comments:

The Meyers said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, Kimi! I'm so stoked for you. You will do awesome there!

hanner said...

yay kimi! you are living the dream, my friend.

Jackie Abeyta said...

HURRAY!!! Kimi, that's awesome! Congrats!! They will absolutely LOVE you--you'll do such a fantastic job!

Molly and David said...

Congrats Kimi!

Suzanne said...

KIMI congrats!!! This is amazing and exciting news. You will be the cutest teacher in the world, I wish I could sit in and watch you!
I love how you put in that you get FREE lunches;), that is pretty sweet!

Bianca said...

Congrats Kimi! That is awesome!!!

Hodges Family said...

Congratulations on the new job! I am excited for you!