Ben had a Christmas work party on Thursday. We all know a Christmas party isn't complete without a white elephant gift exchange. Ben's party was no different, except instead of the usual pass the present to the left 6 times and then to the right 9 times or everyone pick a present and you can steal it 20 times, this version we played incorporated BINGO! All of the presents were assigned a number and if you got BINGO you chose a number between 1 -2o and opened that present.
Not meaning to brag or anything, but I have a BINGO card picking intuition. It happened again and I got BINGO first two times in row. I selected lucky #4 and it just happened to be the biggest present there (everyone knows the biggest presents are the best) and unwrapped this beauty!
We think it's the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria, but it's up for interpretation.
Ben got BINGO second and unwrapped this ivory antique!
Literally a WHITE ELEPHANT.
In the game a present can only be stolen twice. Ben's got stolen right off, but he got BINGO again and stole it back. People were eyeing my red, velvet picture, but must have sensed my BINGO card picking intuition and knew I would just steal it back (or they really didn't like it, that's up for interpretation as well).
It was a fun night and I think we went home with some of the funniest white elephants I've seen in all my white elephant gift exchange days. Plus, I think they are going to fit right in with the other Christmas decorations.
3 comments:
wow you guys really scored some awesome gifts! I hope you're going to keep them next to the nativity scene:) David wants me to tell you about our best white elephant gift idea. Actually, it's the only w.e. party we've been to together. We brought a framed 8x10 picture of David. His brother ended up getting it and it now resides on a shelf in his office.
Hope you two have a wonderful Christmas!
remember our white elephant party at work and i got the huge box of chocolate from kristi's doctor? that was funny. also, i'm pretty sure my grandparents have that exact same painting of the nina, pinta and santa maria.
Ben looks a little "freaked out" by the elephant. You guys are bingo masters.
Post a Comment