Sunday, November 8, 2009

Human Dog

We had our first family ward party. It was a chili/dessert cook off and talent show. Ben was very anxious to get involved in the ward so he signed us up to be in the talent show. What kind of talent were we going to do? We couldn't perform our Celine Dion duet or play Heart and Soul because we knew that everyone else would already be doing that. Ben then suggested that we work on learning a new talent and perform whatever we had learned. After 3 weeks we still hadn't decided on what talent to work on.

The week of the talent show rolls around and still no talent. The only idea I had was to throw food high into the air and have Ben, mouth wide open, catch the food. So that's what we did. Following a balloon artist who created the Little Mermaid (red hair, green fins, and purple shell bra included) we were next. Our act--the Human Dog. Ben set up the circus music and we began. I threw food that progressively got bigger into Ben's mouth, I showed the audience what food I would be throwing. With each food item that got bigger, the louder the oohhh's and aaah's became. The finale consisted of a full sized rice crispy treat. Ben caught it and the crowd went wild. I was surprised at how well we did. When we practiced it didn't look promising but when it came to performing Ben didn't hold back any of his food catching skills, he caught everything (mostly).

Now our new ward should really know who we are; the circus lady and human dog!!

5 comments:

Matt and Suzanne said...

OH Kimmy, how I miss you! You're so fun. I can just picture you doing something like that! :) Hope you guys are good- sounds like you're enjoying married life!

Jackie Abeyta said...

haha how funny! I wish I could have seen it!

Mary Kalree said...

What no pictures???

The Meyers said...

I found your blog!!! And I'm laughing really hard at how funny you two are.

CHH said...

CAN YOU REPEAT THIS TALENT AT OUR CHRISTMAS EVE PARTY?