Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Free? Yes Please!

FREE samples at Cost-Co are handed out everyday, all the time. This is how Ben is. He is a constant receiver of FREE. He is the king of FREE. Every day I swear I come home and he's gotten something else FREE!! He has a talent or a friend called Craigs List that has been very loyal to him. Before I met Ben he had already gotten for $FREE.99
-a pool table
-deep freezer
-2 couches
-microwave
-photoshoot
-ect.... the list could go on

He'd told me about these things he'd gotten and recently he's been on the watch for FREE again. In the past month he's gotten so much stuff I'll try and list it. And the stuff he gets is usually in good condition and useful.
1. Lamp
2. Microwave
3. Box of Kitchen Supplies
4. Mixer and Crockpot
5. Art
6. Dresser, head board, and bed side stand. (smoke smell included)
7. Knives
8. 3-Night hotel stay
9. Jon Schmidt Tickets
10. Tacos from Taco Bell
11. Punch Cards to Maurice's
12. Hoobastank tickets
13. Weight Set
14. Papa Johns Bread sticks
15. Corn dogs + Lemonade up that's refillable for LIFE+ 300 stick on tattoos+$5 in hot dog on a stick moneys+ an antenna ball!

Number 15 is by far my favorite FREE thing that Ben has gotten. There's this Diva Deal Lady blog and she posts things that are FREE or coupons for things. One day she had posted that it was Hot Dog on a Stick's BIRTHDAY and if you go from 6-8pm you can get a FREE corn dog. So me, Ben, my roommates, and Kelson all went. When we got there sure enough they were giivng out fresh hot corn dogs. As we went to the register to order ours there was a sign that read "HOTDOG EATING CONTEST ask cashier for more information" So we asked about it and they needed 2 more poeple for the contest. Perfect, so Ben and Kelson signed up. Good thing we showed up because we supplied 2 of the 3 There were 3 people in this contest and the rules were who ever ate 8 corns dogs first WINS. Ready, Set, GO!
The 3 contestants with all 8 corns. ~Free Hats included not the beanie though~
During the contest. Ben has 3 more to go. It's a tight race in the beginning but guess who wins...?..?....?...
BEN!! One of my proudest moments, I get to marry him, Ben-The CORNDOG Eating CAMPION of the Provo MALL!! Because of his virtory we now get Free Lemonade For LIFE at Hot Dog on a Stick and the cup was full of stick on tattoos. We will never run out of hot dog tattoos (always handy to show off at 7-peaks). WINNER and gift basket. (I wanted a Free wedding as the prize) SEE the MAGIC CUP!

So since Ben gets all this free stuff I one day thought that I was contributing to the FREEness. I got a call from someone saying that I'd won a big gulp cup from Maverick. I thought really, a cup?? I won something? The guy on the phone said that he would be able to drop off the cup to me. I told him I was at work and that he could come by and drop it off. So at noon a guy with a nasty beard came to the office with a HUGE refill mug at Maverick 100 oz. That's size HUGE!! I was laughing when be brought it in to me and I asked him howI won this again? He said it was a Marverick on-line contest. I didn't remember entering any Maverick contest but cool I won. I asked how much it cost to fill up the big boy mug and he said under $1. WOW that's alot of pop for not much money. I thanked him and I havn't seen him since. I was so excited I'd been the one to bring home something FREE I immediatley told Ben on G-Chat. I was sure he was proud!

Then the other day I was showing Ben the HUGE mug and he just laughed. He said did you think you really entered a contest? I said yeah why? He then went on to tell me that he had got the mug FREE off of Craigs List and had the guy play along with me tha tI had won. Ha ha real funny, but it really was. I had thought that I really entered some stupid contest and won with all the silly contest you can enter on-line. He got me.

Ben is full of FREE and I'm glad he let me pretend. Oh the FREE things that are to come, I can only imagine. FREE furniture, no FREE beds please, FREE food, FREE Car?, FRee Turtle, FRee child, FREe water, FREE oven, FREE-Time with BEN (that's my favorite!).

2 comments:

Eric(a) said...

Free child huh? I'm going to have to get some Free lessons from Ben. Oh yeah and your cake will definitely be there.

hanner said...

When you started blogging again it made my life so much better.