Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Wedding Planner

Guess what......I'm engaged!!!! Yahoo for being engaged. It still doesn't seem real to me some days, Ben asks me often if it seems real yet and I usually reply, "kinda." It sinks in more and more each day and I can't wait to exchange my little green mark (which the fake ring to nicely leaves) on my ring finger for my real ring and hopefully I can seal the dress today (p.s. it's beautiful). I feel like I've got alot done in a week and a half of being engaged. I don't feel too stressed but one day when I was reading through the check list of this bridal guide book I got at one of the dress stores and it lists things you should have done 4 to 9 months ahead (ok don't have that time) and then it has a list for 3 to 4 months ahead (I don't even have that much time). Ben and I went through the check list and marked off things that were in progress and things that we have finished. So according to the lists we've checked off 6 things as complete, 6 are in progress and 18 boxes are incomplete, blank (aahhhhh) and I should be working on the 1 to 3 months ahead list (which has 9 more things). BIG BREATH.......ok it takes baby steps. I can't just pop out and start walking, it takes a little time I have to learn to crawl and then I'll be able to walk. So I'm crawling around right now getting my dress and ideas together. Soon I will be able to walk but not without the help of Benjamin Joseph Sycamore of course.

P.S. Ben is great!! I delegate things for him to do and he's on top of it. I love planning with him, it's great!

P.S.S. I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I'm not in school right now. It would not be a pretty sight.

4 comments:

Ben said...

I'd marry you even if the other 16 + 9 unchecked boxes don't get checked! It's ok, don't get stressed.

Becki said...

I'm soooooooo glad you're working and engaged so I can hear all about it!

EMiller said...

Congrats! Thats very exciting! You'll get it all done, I'm sure of it.

Eric(a) said...

I wouldn't get too stressed about it. It should be a fun time and not stressful. And at least for me I didn't remember a lot of the day (it went by so fast!) so I wouldn't stress too much about it. But good luck with everything and remember I am always willing to make you a cake!