This past week my parents came into town for a Jazz game and then the BYU vs. Utah Game. We went with them to the BYU/Utah game but were late because I kept ordering more sushi at the restaurant we were eating at before the game (whoops). By the time we got to the game, they had stopped accepting all sports passes so they wouldn't let us in. Chet had made it to the game and was saving us seats but the ticket takers wouldn't budge. My mom snuck in somehow (very very sneaky) but Ben, my dad, and I were left to the watch it in the Canon Center. It was great though; we had flat screen, couch, and nice foot rest! Plus the company of other freshman who didn't make it in the game. So we were pretty much in the student section anyway ;)
The following Monday, Ben's parents came into town and spent Valentine's with us at Chef's Table! I hadn't been there before and loved, loved, LOVED everything that was served. The tomato basil soup, the butternut squash soup, the salmon, everyone's entrees and mmm the cheese bread! I asked for the recipe, but didn't succeed in getting it. Those cheese rolls were good!
Tuesday was my birthday. It started off with breakfast in bed. I took work off, and we went skiing at Alta. It has been a good 5 years since I have skied, but it didn't seem like it, until my legs B-U-R-N-E-D! I felt like a little wimp because I had to quit an hour before the lift closed (we were all tired and called it a day). It was a beautiful day and perfect weather for skiing. That night we stayed in Park City. For my birthday, Ben gave me a shopping SPREE! I had an hour to pick out whatever I wanted (ah... it was lovely). After we ditched an extremely overpriced Japanese restaurant, we went back to the resort were Ben's mom made dinner. We had a nice dinner, ice cream cake for dessert, and opened presents. The whole day was full of Ben's random outbursts of "Kimi it's your birthday!" I loved every minute, even the leg burning minutes.
We got stuck in Park City Wednesday night because of a snow storm, so we were able to spend more time with Ben's parents. It was fun being with them because we don't get to see them that often.
Saturday at the last minute, we decided to check out the MONSTER JAM! Ben has always wanted to go to a monster truck rally since he was little so we competed his life long dream. He tried to look the part too, Ben did a good job.
It was sooo loud, but my knight in shining armor brought me some napkins (I know ghetto) to help with the sound.
It was nice to see both of our families and I wish we lived closer to them so we could play all the time!
And to top it off I'm done with my internship on TUESDAY!!! Kimi Sycamore, RD here I come!

1 comment:
Kimi! Happy BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like it was so fun! You two are so adorable together, you always look so happy. I just love you.
Post a Comment