Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spring Time=FREE TIME!!

So I have break from school for the spring/summer and I am so happy! I feel like I've been handed a Get Out of School Free Card! I go to work from 9-3 and then have a day full of whatever I want to do. It's so nice! While in school everyone knows you have no free time to just do whatever. My life last semester consisted of waking up at 7, going to work until 1, going to class until 6:30, going home at 7 and having a meal prepared for me thanks to a wonderful thing called DINNER GROUP (aaawwww, with harps and glowing beams of light), then I would load my back-pack and trek up to the HBLL. Depending on my mood if I felt like I was on a roll I would stay for the library musical but if my contacts were so dry I was blinking more than breathing I would leave, talk to Ben for a few minutes and then go to sleep, maybe get a snack if I felt like it.

(Side note: I hate going to the library alone. I feel motivated and less sorry for myself knowing that someone has to suffer at nights with me as well.)

So blah, blah, blah, everyone hates homework, studying for tests, and has no free time either so stop whining I know. But I kind of feel like I need to be studying in the library. All the Asians are doing it. Next time if you happen in be in the HBLL around 11:45 look at who's still there. I guarantee you at least 72% of the people left are Asian. As you leave and enter the Library Musical the Asians are the ones flocking out from their study caves and taking over the stage. I can't let that half of me fail, so I half feel like I fit in.

(2nd side note-most people can't tell what I am. They know I'm not just a white girl, but they just can't figure out what I am. One of my best friends Janet is from Argentina and when I was around her people automatically assumed I spoke Spanish too and would habla espanol tu mi as well. People have guessed Indian, Latino, Hawaiian, but rarely do I get Asian. Indian is my favorite though. I really didn't like that because I grew up next to a reservation and I don't consider myself to look anything like the Indians I'm familiar with. So one of my roommates favorite stories about me is when I moved into Raintree my freshmen year coming to BYU. It was the night I moved in and we were all talking in the living room getting to know each other. Random as I am I said, "Guys just to let you know I'm not Indian." wheeew, what a relief for me. I had been trying to get that off my back the second I moved into the apartment. They just laughed and I did too I'm sure)

Anyways I'm half Japanese and I love Japanese Food!! I love all food actually and my dream job is to be a food critic and travel to restaurants and try their food. So as I go out to eat around Provo I'm going to be posting about different restaurants that I go too. I am also going to be starting a new Menu for the WEEK!! A request by Becki. I'm compiling recipes now and trying to figure out a format for this project.

Another thing I'm RaNdOm. One thought triggers another and then I'm off writing about something unrelated. This is why I find it hard in papers to connect ideas. They connect in my head but not to others.

So back on track I have FREE TIME this SPring and Summer so I'll be blogging more. I feel like this happy jumping man. Imagine my face being his.
But I have a list of things I want to accomplish this summer. I am already signed up for a cake decorating class, I want to start taking voice lessons, I got a book from the library, Zen and the Art or Motorcycle Maintaince, I'm helping with the meals for Special Olympics and I'm doing Pilates! I feel this is a good start. I want to fill my free time with things that I want to do cause when I'm in school I feel like I can't because I should be doing h-work. I'm so excited!! I'll let you know how things work out and if my list for the summer continues as planned or what new things I plan on adding. I'm FREE!!

1 comment:

Ben said...

just so you know, I am not indian either